Archive | 11/03/2012
I say I’m taking one day off and my schedule goes out the window. I’d meant to get this post up earlier but you know, shit happens.
- Today Nick and I survived being hit by a car. Yikes! It was scary but we were pretty much able to pick ourselves up & keep walking. Very grateful that it wasn’t worse and that our dog wasn’t with us at the time. I have some pretty achy muscles but then again, I did absorb the impact of a moving car, so basically I am a total badass. Yes?
- Afternoon on a sunny patio drinking boozy coffee with my scraped up knuckles sitting in a rocks glass full of ice. Concerned friends & strangers.
- Body-soothing bath with essential oils & sea salt & a book of poetry.
- Did my taxes myself while drinking maybe too much cider. When I was done I felt richer and drunker. Sometimes it’s nice to be an adult.
- Long walk weather. It’s light and warm enough to take the long way home from work, on the path along the river. I listened to the honks of so many geese. Tonight I took my pup on a super long walk to help us both relax. She likes sniffing all the trees and telephone poles & I like looking in windows (to see how people decorate!) and keeping an eye out for front-porch cats. We’re a team.
- In anticipation of four months of Nick being on tour, I got Netflix back this week. Any recs? (Keeping in mind that the Canadian selection is wayyy different from the one in the US.) I’m watching Life right now. Long summer of “knitflix” ahead of me.
- Pretty sure I will cast on for my first sweater this week!
- Spent yesterday afternoon babysitting my fav sass-factory of a three-year-old. I like that little kids just tell you what’s up with no sugar-coating.
- Heavily discounted bottles of Nail Art polish.
- Indian food double date! Paneer obsession continuing.
- Surprise sleepover with a pal who I thought I wouldn’t see for a long while. Love you!
- Long phone call to my mom and dad. Nothing makes me feel more like everything is going to be awesome than chatting with them. I count my lucky stars that my family has fun together.