I think I’m still coming down off the high of hanging out with all my BFFs in the big city. What lovely people! I’m already thinking about when I will be able to go back. This week has been pretty relaxed but also super nice.
- It’s pretty obvious but… I have new hair, again! Rebecca actually got my hair to be a sort of iridescent midnight blue, and tightened up my bowl cut/undercut. I think I’m going to stick with this for a long, long time. Unexpected upside: dark hair takes way longer to look greasy. Thx Bloodline!
- Spent a sunny day this week tidying up my yard. Getting ready for some front porch reading (okay, drinking!) and backyard campfires.
- I finally found a subletter for my apartment. Sam is a friend of a friend of a friend who I think will quickly become my friend too. He loves dogs but I think he might just have met his match…
- Last night Desiree was my date to the 50/50 Gala at Artspace. Wishing we had taken some outfit photos… she came home with an awesome Lucky Jackson embroidery. I ended up being very, very tipsy after two drinks because the only thing I ate all day was some of those tiny grocery store cinnamon donuts. #femmeproblems (Also I think Lucky was shopping in the store this week and I only realized where I recognized her from after she left! I am a nerd. Wish I had been able to introduce myself!)
- At work we’ve had lots of mother/daughter prom dress shopping! I have fond memories of doing this with my own mom. I love the idea of having a vintage dress! I never went to my prom, but I did go to my high school boyfriend’s prom. I wore black (duh!)
- This Femme Flagging idea has really taken off. There’s now a tumblr to show off your nails and also a forum where some folks are discussing the possibility of a standardized system of femme flagging codes…
- Have been watching a lot of Buffy & X-Files episodes thanks to some peer pressure from Bridget and Natalie. I noticed that a side-effect of my anxiety meds is that I can now tolerate mildly suspenseful television without being scared for weeks! I am fully indulging some serious Netflix-induced 90s brooding TV.
- Tonight for dinner I am going to eat some of these stuffed portobello mushroom caps. Pinterest has been very helpful in finding me more “roasted vegetables + cheese” dinner ideas. Is my life exciting or what?