Good Things Sunday: Don’t f*cking tell me what to do!
Every Robyn-referencing post title deserves a video, right? Watch Robyn get her colour block on in Cobrastyle:
I rearranged my work schedule so that I could have two days off work in a row – Mondays and Tuesdays. Which means that Sunday night feels like Friday night to me… if you do the math I think that means I am writing this post on “my” Sunday morning… it feels like the weekend, anyway. You 9 to 5 job people don’t get to run everything!
- I finished my first sweater! I know I’ve been talking about this forever but I feel like knitting a garment is an important step towards serious knitter status. I promise to post lots and lots and lots of photos soon. (Just try and stop me!)
- I am also knitting a pattern for a shawl that I came across about a year ago. I favourited it on Ravelry even though I had basically none of the skills required to make it. I like going back through the things I’ve bookmarked and reflecting on all the stuff I’ve learned to do. I’ve known how to make knit stitches for almost a decade, but this last year and a half has been so astronomical. Working beside a yarn store and being BFFs with a (very patient) yarn store owner is one of life’s great pleasures.
- Spending time with my family these last few days. Today we went back to a spa that mimics Scandinavian hot springs… one of the few things we all agree on. So many perfect moments: hot baths out of doors on snowy days, sitting in front of a fireplace as tall as me, wearing just a bath robe, reading a magazine.
- New pants! My mom is the best at making sure I’m not walking around with my crotch exposed. It’s a luxury I can otherwise hardly afford. We went to the Levis outlet, rather than Stitches. It’s way easier to try to invest in quality when you’re using someone else’s wallet. Still, trying to get out of the disposable clothes mindset.
- I get to see Nick in two days! You should see my grin.
- Bruce Peninsula just released a new song cycle called “Of Songs” – stream it/buy it on their bandcamp.
- I’m not sure how to explain this, but it feels like lots of the things I’ve been anticipating and planning are starting to happen… and so far I think things are going very well. I don’t have very specific things to point to as examples, but I’ve been liking my life. It’s been nice to pick myself up fresh ingredients for an elaborate dinner for one. I’m planning so many craft projects that I just need the time and money to execute. My dog is happy. My partner is happy. I don’t feel lonely, even though we’re apart, and even though my friends are further away than they once were. It’s nice to know that I get to share some of this good feeling with you, blog reading people.
It would make my day if you’d comment and tell me some of your good things too. And if I don’t know you yet, say hello? I have been having great chats with internet friends lately & maybe you should be my internet friend too!