Feelin’ so good this Sunday. Lots of things deserve shoutouts but I can’t forget these two:
I’m in such a great mood that I made an 8tracks mix for you guys: Big Voices, Big Feelings. The marquee on the cover of the mix is by Jenny Holzer. The mix itself is basically like if I could get all of my favourite people from Toronto’s music scene to do a mega-show that included all their side projects. Bruce Peninsula! The Weather Station! Jennifer Castle! Party Time! The Pining! Julie Doiron! Sarah Mangle! In fact I think that’s everybody.
Other highlights from this week:
- Burning Hell Ontario tour dates have meant waking up with my dude beside me in bed. Is anything better? Nope. Just when I had become very good at sleeping alone… okay, with a laptop, cell phone, cider, and puppy, but you know. BEING IN LOVE RULES DON’T FORGET.
- Lots of family time with my family featuring extra puppies & my mom’s butternut squash mac and cheese with toasted almonds. Shit yeah. First bike ride of the year.
- I usually dread the first of the month but on May 1, my favourite cafe by the water (and close to my house), the Silver Bean opens. Also and extra-specially, my pal So Fawned is the official owner of local clothing hotspot Tango. I think I’m going to get to put in some time behind the counter there too & I’m excited. I’ve had the privilege of helping Des decide what stock to order for the summer and fall and I am so excited to get you guys trying it on!
- I’m also putting in a bunch of time at Sympathy this month while my boss is on tour with his band, Rikers. Just in case you’re wondering one day he asked me if I could work because he “had to make a little music video” but actually what he meant was that he was part of making this happen.
- Nick just sent me a link to this Marine Dreams performance. “I don’t want no love that isn’t constant love.” I wanna have these cats over for dinner again soon.
- Nick’s butt in the skinny jeans I bought him.
- Planet Bakery ginger cookies.
- I just discovered TheKnitKid and I am freakin’ out about everything. I wish this were a pattern shop rather than an Etsy store because I really want to make some of this stuff:
- After much searching & even pondering an internet order, I found a place to get Muskoka Maple coffee.
- Jenna Brager’s comic For Mark Aguhar made me weep with recognition and sadness: “How do I draw absence? Part of me thinks that drawing anything, saying anything, is just taking up space.” My post about Mark’s death is still one of Bossy Femme’s most popular & I don’t think it has a thing to do with me. I can tell that you are missing calloutqueen too.