GOOD THINGS SUNDAY: NEON LIGHTS
Unexpected and lovely things keep happening. I am *almost* waiting for something bad to happen to balance things out, but I’m trying to just be thankful & keep it posi. You know how it is. After yesterday’s post about balancing internet time and making things time, I actually did slap some paint on a wall, embroider, and knit. Yeah me! More good things:
- Tiny pink flowers blooming everywhere
- Having a roommate has been so super fun. I’m glad that Sam ended up moving in, and not only because he gallantly opens doors for me & feeds me delicious dinner while I am nearly unconscious on the couch. In theory, living alone is great, but I like having someone around. This apartment is way too big for just me.
- BONUS: it is just fucking heartwarming being able to tell that Geraldine and Sam are already super good friends. We moved Geraldine’s favourite armchair into Sam’s room and she’s taken to napping in there.
- Having a goal to send an email to Nick every day. The biggest challenge for me is feeling like I have anything new to say… when one person is telling you about the different countries they’re in and you’re just like, “I went to work again…” it can make you feel boring. But I AM NOT BORED. I like spending a bit of intentional time to try to say some meaningful shit. When we hang out in person we mostly talk about day-to-day what to eat for dinner type stuff so we have actually been having some deeper chats which helps me feel good about our LOVE CONNECTION.
- BONUS: The other day I was wishing for a nap buddy & instead Nick skype called me! It was perfect timing. Spirits lifted. I almost didn’t answer because an unknown number on my call display makes me fear bill collectors…
- This week, two people have brought me coffee at work as a special surprise. Also, I got a random discount at the health food store. Also, two of the cafes here now have almond milk… thank you, patron saint of good coffee (Meagh Culkeen?)
- Painted a little alcove in my room my favourite colour. Chartreuse! The colour is called “neon lights”… I thought about hedging my bets & picking something more subdued but life is too short for that. At least with decorating, yes? I still need to do more coats…
- Wore sandals for the first time this week (with tights, natch.)
- I think that this week I’ll have all manner of finished projects to share with you! Finally! Yay.
- My mom is coming for a visit this week. I have to work on Mother’s Day so hopefully I can figure out a way to spoil her a bit. She is the best mom I’ve ever had.