Good Things Sunday: the great outdoors
- This illustration reminds me of MC-turned-Reverend Rev Run’s twitter feed, which makes me cringe and giggle & think all at once. It’s full of gems like these:
RECOGNIZE the good in your life! The things u dont cherish begin 2 perish
Remember this. You’re only jealous when u ain’t dope… Simple solution.
- Sundays are always the beginning of my weekend. Tomorrow is a holiday which means that errrbody has the same day off as me. I’m so excited about that because usually I have lonely errand-filled days off.
- I bought some new patio furniture when my mom visited this week! Porch beers & porch knitting are totally on the schedule.
- Haven’t done any gardening this year except to pull weeds out of whatever pokes out of the ground. Near me there are lots of forget me nots & lilacs. I love the assertiveness of lilac smell.
- Loving this image by Mathilde Aubier. Have been wanting a hand tattoo for awhile & I like that this would match Nick’s but not be identical. Would wanna fiddle w/ the bottom of this so the sleeves look more like a sweater!
- I was making that bad joke about putting the fun between my legs but for real, MY BIKE IS BACK YO. I had one screw loose that made it unsafe to ride but I got it fixed (for free.) As a non-driver, I feel like a superhero when I am biking. I can go so fast! I can carry all kinds of stuff! I can whiz by dudebros when I am coming home late at night!
- My bike is already fairly one of a kind (around here) & I love it when people I know are able to find me and say hi because they noticed my bike parked outside my work or whatever. I am still kinda preoccupied with blinging it up tho. And I really need to buy a helmet. Anyone have any semi-affordable/semi-stylish recs?
- Resolved to have an internet-tv free weekend as an effort to get myself outside more. It’s totally working.
- Now that I’m done work for the week my only task is to get all the ingredients for all the holiday snacks. Definitely gonna make something from my Fancy Drinks pinboard… maybe this?
- PS: One Sheepish Girl is my fav personal knitblog & I love her roundup of neon knits. Go look!