GOOD THINGS SUNDAY: HARD FEMME & FEELINGS
- Nick’s Exclaim! TV performance of “Night Garden” went live this week!
- This song is the result of a story I told Nick last summer when he was away. I was in the habit of walking Geraldine through this neighbourhood with massive historic homes & huge gardens. We’d go during the day to look at the flowers & then at night to smell all the blooms. Lilac scent at night. The best thing. It’s actually night garden season again now…
- Speaking of which, my own personal plant philosophy is pretty much to let whatever shows up in my garden flourish. I wish I were one of those people who prioritized more intensive garden skills, but I just am not. I go with the flow. & this week that meant that a pal who was moving out of town dropped off three huge houseplants – two of which are taller than me. Last week there were free forget-me-nots from a friend’s garden. I’m counting on my gratitude to remind me to water these things. So far so good.
- This week there were bonfires & porch parties at my house. Using my outdoor space & sharing it with other people is the best. There were s’mores. There was also the sangria that I posted about last week, which was absolutely as tasty as expected.
- Unsurprisingly I have been listening to Jennifer Castle on repeat. This song just does it for me so hard (even tho there is that one lyric that I can’t decipher…) This week I was painting my front hallway in the hottest weather – up on a ladder in my underwear, covered in lemon yellow paint, shouting this one out:
After all this time you still don’t fit in
Everyone wants your smile & everyone wants you to win
And when it’s my body they’re after …
Then honey, don’t be long with my drink
- Solo knitting dates all over the place.
- Impromptu cheese-carbs-and-knitting-and-Buffy hangout with some fav knitters.
- My mom got a new job & the voicemail she left me about it sounds so excited. I’ve been saving it & I listen to it if I need a good-news-mom boost.
- Sunday is Hel-Looks update day! The most important internet event of the week.
- Spent some after-work time yesterday eating nachos, watching tv, and applying leopard print nail stickers. The ones I bought are cheap things made of stickers, not nail polish, and have no removal instructions. Hard femme with no exit strategy. Such is my life.
- This weekend would have been my grandma’s birthday & I stayed up late last night being thankful that she got to help me grow up. My sewing machine & knitting needles & bad attitude & awesome mom & femme skillz are all from her. <3