The Burning Hell in their record-breaking tracksuits.
- This weekend while I toiled in the vintage fashion & craft beer mines, my love was out breaking a world record. The Burning Hell really did play 10 shows in 10 countries in 24 hours. I have never even been to ten countries in my whole life & feel like I may not get to it even this decade so this kind of accomplishment is unfathomable to me. I hear that they have the whole thing on video & there will be a documentary of some kind. Not everyone gets to make out with a world-record holder, but maybe someday I will…
- In the meantime, I have flirting on the internet:
- In the meantime, also – all the friends. This weekend was all about femme-on-femme-on-femme hangouts. Got to see my Torontonian BFF! Now that our hangout time is so limited we always start out with the big news, the tough stories, the serious feelings, & then move on to the sillier, more relaxed topics. It’s good to have someone that you can just dig deep with, you know?
- Got to drink all of the gin and tonics in my friend’s beautiful apartment with some seriously smart and beautiful friends. Loved having a chance to peek at her art & her shoe collection.
Hand-lettered wisdom by Lisa Congdon
- It has indeed felt just a bit too hot for knitting & instead I have been reading books. (The library is air conditioned!) Whenever I feel like doing some retail therapy that I can’t really afford I have been going to the library instead. What do you mean I can take anything I want – for free? I always feel a bit like a badass in the library.
- One of my greatest joys since finishing school has been reading for its own sake – just to find out about the stories the books will tell, or just to know whatever information is inside. No tests, no papers, no pressure. This week for the first time I picked up something more theoretical that actually involved a lot of the philosophical know-how that I got in grad school & I actually do remember that stuff. Being in grad school was one of the worst times of my life & so I am just having this victorious moment of being able to reclaim the things I like about the subject matter & use it just for my own enjoyment. Finding a way back to a pleasurable & rewarding experience with theory is an unexpected thrill.
The Magic, Ragged Gold
- This week was my pal Geordie Gordon’s birthday, & his band, The Magic, FINALLY put their record out. I am in the mood for a Ptbo record release sexy dance party, but in the meantime, you should probably listen to Ragged Gold.
- Road trip chats are everything. Have been getting in some hangout time with a friend who also has a big interest in DIY stuff & design – but doesn’t do any of the kinds of crafts that I do. It’s fun to talk to someone who has a similar outlook as you but with a whole lot of different references. You get to find out about so many cool new things. I can tell that it is ever-so-slightly broadening and enriching the kinds of making that I do. Nice!
- Favourite vegetarian burritos.
- Painting my nails with silver glitter polish that matches my silver glitter heels.
- Tomorrow is my day off and my only plan is “making things.” Yes!