Tilda Swinton in Orlando
- Finally got to see Sally Potter’s Orlando. Ever since forever, people have been telling me that it would be my favourite movie & it was beyond what I thought was possible. I had expected Tilda Swinton to be amazing & for the gender-bending V. Woolf source text to be compelling but what I hadn’t anticipated was the stunning set & costume design. One day if I have a better image editor I want to screencap it so hard.
- BONUS: Go Fug Yourself’s coverage of Tilda Swinton’s outfits. GFY began the long tradition of calling Tilda Swinton just “SWINTON!” and so she shall remain. The gals at GFY have this sort of elaborate fictionalized description of what SWINTON! must be like that is hilarious AND totally embraces her avant-garde androgynous style, which is surprising in the context of a fashion-snark blog.
- DOUBLE BONUS: Tilda Stardust.
Bowden Spacelander bicycle via Brooklyn Museum
- Tonight I am going to go see some modern dance in the park! This is the kind of thing that we are lucky to have in our small city every so often. Looking forward to seeing the park where I walk my dog transformed into an artistic space.
- Being recognized in public as “that girl who knits!”
- New Azealia Banks! Stayed up late on Wednesday night listening to this megafun witch-hop mixtape, and so was eeeeverrrrybody else that I know – or at least everyone I follow online. It was pretty rad to imagine all the babes stayin’ up past their bedtime for a serious bedroom dance party. & it includes a little snippet of “Ima Read”, whoa. Proofread that bitch.
- Trying out a lot of things I never thought I’d be able to do & doing a pretty good job at them. Love a good self-imposed challenge & also finding new ways to engage with the idea of lifelong learning outside of an academic setting.
- Spending the weekend selling cute clothes in blissful air conditioning. Can never get enough of that.
- Okay Ima stop blogging because there’s still some time to do some workplace knitting. On the other side of the wall, my BFF Bridget is running Needles in the Hay’s first ever knitalong & I want to soak up the good knitting vibes.