Spending lots of quality time with Bridget & Elliott lately. We make a good team.
- Band girlfriend update: 9 days until I get to see my fav dude in person. We’re immediately gonna leave on a week-long road trip that will include a visit to my best gal & every band I have ever liked. I’m ready.
- Have been seeking out fully immersive experiences. Trying to shut off my finely honed critical eye & stop analysing & just be there for whatever is happening. Watching grandiose & moody films. Laughing until I cry my eyeliner right off. Patio drunks. Puppy naps.
- Redoubling my efforts to check out all the Sappyfest bands before Sappy. Still loving Yamantaka//Sonic Titan.
- Two fav bloggers wrote vintage catwoman focussed entries this week which basically amounts to retro photos of total babes all up in my blogosphere. Julia posted about the style & politics of “The Uncompromising Eartha Kitt” & Caren found a fab Julie Newmar photoshoot. I feel like my fashion is so obviously catsuit-inspired. Catwoman is the obvious one but also – Sandy at the end of Grease? Duh. Always tighter pants.
- Sometimes cultural misunderstandings around technology are funny. We’ve been laughing about ”Old People Writing On A Restaurant’s Facebook Page” all week long. Most of the jokes are about how so many folks don’t know that you “like” something by clicking a button rather than writing the word like. But then again, how did the rest of us get to a place where we are so used to the like button – I remember when it showed up that I thought it was totally strange and useless. Oh, my pies!
Let it Go
- This weekend was the opening for my brother’s solo show at the “Cultural Centre” in our hometown – in lots of ways I think his work is about young suburban alienation which is precisely why I’m positive there are gonna be lots of little old ladies totally missing the point. I can’t wait to hear him tell me how it went, & I really can’t wait to see it in person. More photos at Witching Hour.
- Lots of rad stuff going on for my friends: Ryan and Jess are back in town! Desiree has a fancy new apartment! Did some birthday shots with my roommate! It’s my BFF Claire’s champagne birthday this week! You guys should tell me about all the rest of your good things, too.