Good Things New Year’s Eve Eve
I secretly love the strange limbo of days between Xmas & New Year’s,
more than either of those holidays combined. There are no big deadlines or social events planned & everyone gets to chill out & disappear a bit & do their own thing. Lots of locals are out of town & lots of long-lost friends are back for a visit. Feels like all sorts of unexpected things could happen at any time. But it also feels like it’s okay to have a big introverted house-party for one. Yeah!
What’s not to love?
- Stranger at the grocery store let me cut in line today when he saw I was just buying an apple & coconut water. I was hydrated and on time for work! Holla! Why the express lane is always closed at the grocery store I’ll never understand.
- Being able to wear outfits that are pretty much just all knits all the time.
- Movies & beer date with my pal Elliott last night. Talking French New Wave & misogyny & ending with a youtube video marathon.
- A friend just sent me a huge assortment of new-to-me music, including this Seattle band called TACOCAT that I am shocked I didn’t already know about because I mean, this song is called “UTI” & it’s about having a uti. “Thought I had to pee but that was a lie / UTI UTI.”
- It finally snowed here which is pretty & everything. My bedroom looks over a park so in the day there are adorable children tobogganing & at night there are wasted teens tobogganing. I love yr good times, little city.
- Boozy coffee. Boozy hot chocolate. Festive booze of all kinds.
- Front row seat at an impromptu magic show with the coolest seven year old magician.
- Cooking meals just for me, just the way I like them.
- Cool regular customers are really fun to hang with. I took four days off work & was surprised at the people I missed.
- Shoutout to my family again & forever. Love you dudes.
- My very best friend made this hour-long radio documentary about Fur & Fashion that aired nationally – on her birthday! I am so proud of her & it is the coolest thing. Go listen already.